Thursday, June 2, 2011

Back Home

Now that we have been back home for a few days, I have had an opportunity to reflect on the amazing opportunity that FTR International provided me. It certainly was a trip that will have a lasting impact on the rest of my life, and I am sure the rest of the team as well.

One moment that stood out to me was at the Lebanese Flower. (By the way, Thank You to Ron for selecting this restaurant.) After finishing our meal, i asked Nazir to tell our waiter that the food was the best we had on the entire trip and I would tell everyone in America about it. The waiter made the comment that "We are all people."

I thought about those four words for several days and later told the guys that those words were what this trip was all about. To expose us to something different (International Construction). To open our eyes as to how flat the world really is and how we are all people. Nizar, Bruce, Salim, Ron,  and every employee at FTR International that made this trip such an amazing experience, Thank You!

I thought this was a good pic of the team
-On a side note I've had many opportunities over the past three days to correct some of bad myths that the Middle East has picked up. Many people are very interested once they hear how safe it really is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment