Sunday, June 24, 2012

living in saudi

Hello everyone, 
I have been trying to do different things in my free time this week; like getting a hair cut, bowling, and this weekend Adam and I may possibly go to the desert to ride 4-wheelers.  The hair cut I got was quite possibly the best hair cut I have ever received, no offence Dad (who normally cuts my hair), but they made me look like Captain America from the avengers movie. P.S. – it only cost me 3 dollars.  Now let’s talk about bowling.  Adam and I had talked about going to the mall to walk around /window shop after work.  As we were walking around the third level of the mall we stumbled across a random bowling alley with panoramic windows viewing the city buildings below.  It was like an American oasis!  It was a lot of fun, especially since I won, haha. After bowling we walked around long enough for Adam to get chased by a perfume kiosk man who wanted him to smell his cologne and I became a victim to a cologne dowsing. Honestly, my arm still smells like cologne… at least it helps me smell good. Finally, as Adam and I were eating kabob last night we talked about experiencing something adventurous. We decided a four-wheeler ride in the desert would fit that description.  It is still pending with our driver and liaisons if we can go, hopefully we can though.  On a different note, I’m adapting better to the life style over here.  The living and work environment over here feels less stressful than America.  But I do miss family and friends back at college and home. I would need a vacation every 2 months to keep from missing them too much. Regarding vacation, that reminds me that you’re required to leave the country at least once every 90 days because our issued working visas are only for 90 days. Although, some people manage to get 180 day visas, they are the lucky ones. Well that’s about it for now, I’m going to try and get out to the jobsite today to do some inspections. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment