Monday, June 4, 2012

In my routine

 (June 2) Hey everyone,  Lately I have been wrestling plotters and copying machines! We are moving quick with (safa) Saudi Arabia flight academy. We have a contract to build a new maintenance hanger. I have been busy printing off architectural plans. I also was assigned to find us a concrete contractor, and it's been very difficult because the distance they would have to drive to get to our sight is about 70 kilometers. And we all know about cure time with concrete, so no one is interested. But Steve (our boss lately) had a good idea of setting up a mobile batch plant, or using one from a near by construction sight.  So tomorrow I will be sorting that out. It's about 4:30 now, the guys put in a long day of work and I bet we all go to bed early tonight. (June 4) Today went fast, we are still estimating in the villas. It has been fun applying techniques I learned in school to the SAFA project. Adam and I usually take our lunch break together and talk to some of the veterans around the villa it is cool listening to their experiences.  Tonight we are venturing to Bota market. Hopefully I can pick up some souvenirs for the family. I have been going to the grocery store after work lately to people watch and pick up food that I don't need but it's fun to live the culture. That about sums it up, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment