Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 2 in Saudi-mike

Today we spent the morning getting introduced to FTR.  I do have to mention a morning incident first. The hot water in Saudi is obtained by solar heaters on the roof of each building. I woke up to take a shower and quickly learned as I was boiled alive that the cold water is comparable to our hot water and the hot water is comparable to boiling water on an oven burner!  At least I was wide eyed for the morning orientation. A quick summary of the introduction is as follows; we reviewed King Saud’s university. The area of construction is a girls’ campus project that will accommodate 28,000 women. FTR’s role is to give advice (CAREFULLY) to achieve high standards of design and engineering. We will be touring this site as well as An Aviation flight academy and the grand Mosque located in King Abdullah’s financial district.
P.S. – I didn’t want to write a novel, if you have any questions feel free to email me and I will answer. mmattern@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment