Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday madness

Monday, May 21 Today feels like I am sprinting just to keep up with the pace. It's  only 3:30 here in Saudi but I am beat tired. Let me give you a debriefing.  My day began by trying to shave my beard with a razor blade, it was like trying to run a push mower through foot tall grass. But the mission was accomplished! Our next mission was getting to the conference room on time. Everything was going well until it was 7:30 am and we realized Nazir was still sleeping! But he was ready in a flash and we arrived on time for our first session at 8 am.  We reviewed our MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) knowledge and studied the main power plant facility of the girls campus. Then we  headed out for a job site tour of the power plant. I would like to thank Trace Gregg for the tour; his knowledge on MEP is amazing. Also, I would like to thank Jim  Mistry who led the lecture sessions. He led the MEP review and the commissioner review.  After lunch Henry Cabansag showed us how he is using BIM to coordinate MEP in a building on site. As much as I love 3D modeling, I have much to learn. Thanks Henry!  Our last session was with Vidas Juzenas. He gave us a tour of the auditorium explaining the engineering behind acoustic paneling and how to use them to achieve a desired comfort.  We have a couple more sessions with Vidas and I am looking forward to hearing from him again. Thanks Vidas!  Tonight we have something really exciting planned but I will update everyone on that tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment