Saturday, May 19, 2012

Scuba diving!

Yesterday, we flew to Jeddah for a scuba diving adventure.  It was a quick flight. On an unrelated note I was excited to see the clear blue sky at ten thousand feet since the dust in Saudi blocks out the sky.  Unfortunately, the sun has no problem shining through making us hot. 

During our scuba we dove down 10 meters deep into the ocean, the coral reef was amazing and the fish would swim right alongside. I had a scary moment down in the water… It happened when we were taking underwater pictures and we all decided to sit on each other’s shoulders. When Matt sat on my shoulders he knocked out my breathing tube! But I didn't panic... I put my hand back on my tank to follow the breathing line, like the instructor taught us to do, BUT he was now sitting on the line... Long story short 25 seconds later Marine Matt saves my life by shoving the breathing line back in my mouth!
Anyways, I took a ton of pictures in Jeddah. The average house tripled what I am used to seeing.  Now here are some photos:

sweet ceiling design at the riyadh airport
the TEAM in the main water cooling facility (capacity 20,000 gallons of chilled water)

No comments:

Post a Comment